The Haute Route is the world’s first global series of prestigious multi-day events for amateur riders. Taking place over seven or three days, the timed and ranked stage events are embedded in the world’s most iconic cycling terrain. Starting in Oman in March and finishing in China in October with another eleven events in-between, 2020 offers an unprecedented programme. Staying true to the principles of the Haute Route, each event will offer the premium level of organisation and rider services that have become world-renowned. www.hauteroute.org
The Participants’ Relations Cycling Events Assistant will be working within the Participant’s Relation departments in order to support the team through the busy event season, across the following events:
· Haute Route Dolomites 2020
· Haute Route Crans-Montana 2020
· Haute Route Pyrenees 2020
· Haute Route Alps 2020
· Haute Route Ventoux 2020
· Possibly other events
The role will encompass the following tasks:
· Provide support to participants – Reply to participant emails (general and specific queries about registration and extra-services) and answer calls, in French and English
· Assist with the management of the registration platform
· Assist with the development of participant communication tools (participant’s guide / newsletters / social media…)
· Work on multiple platforms dedicated to customer databases
· Support the Participants’ Relations team with preparation of event materials
· Attend events and continue to be the main point of contact for clients – welcoming clients and providing support on any questions they may have
· Support on-event logistics to ensure optimum client experience (info point, bib pick-up, briefings, etc.)
This list is not exhaustive and you will be required to manage any reasonable tasks as and when required.
Note: This role requires travel to national and international events.
· Fluent (writing and speaking) in French and English preferred and ideally in one or more languages between Spanish, Italian or German
· An interest in Outdoor Sports, especially running and cycling
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
· Ability to work alone and as part of a team
· Willingness to learn
· Ability to remain effective and calm whilst working under pressure
· A dedicated and enthusiastic approach
· Knowledge of Microsoft programmes essential (familiarity with Mac beneficial)
· Driving Licence mandatory (manual cars)
TERMS FOR THE INTERNSHIP
· Applicants MUST have a University/School agreement such as “convention de stage” during the entire duration of the internship
· Monthly allowance: 800CHF (gross – before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance, etc.)
· Holidays: 10 working days for a 6-months internship.
· Benefits: OC Sport sponsor the full cost of a half card CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on all Swiss public transport (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland) .
· Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm. During busy periods you may be expected to work evenings and weekends.
· Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current policies.
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about yourself:
– Give us an example of when you demonstrated excellent customer service
– Give us an example of a time when you demonstrated your team spirit attitude
– What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs are you involved in?
Applicants without a School Agreement will not be considered.
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or in a video, then simply email your application to: email@example.com